My little Charli turned 5 on Monday. I haven't blogged yet because it overwhelms me a little to try to put into words these milestones my little girls have. I am having so much fun with the precious little girl she is becoming, but miss that tiny little Charli so much. The older she gets, the less I remember baby Charli. Ugh.....
Anyway, we had a blast celebrating her this past week. She had a brownie sundae birthday party. Thanks so much to all our friends and family that came to celebrate. It was a GREAT birthday for her. We had pizza, balloons, a tinkerbell pinata, and a pumpkin/candy hunt. So many of her little friends came and made it so much fun. After all that, we had the kids make their own brownie sundaes. That was so fun to watch. We had everything you could think of to top those sundaes....marshmallows, cherries, m & m's, chocolote chips, oreos, sprinkles, syrups, whipped cream....yummmm! The adults liked it as much as the kids!! I totally thought the kids would pile on all this junk and then not eat it, but they did eat it.....every last bit of it! What a sugar high.
Charli got this tinkerbell pajama gown from my Papaw and immediately put it on after the party, with her new crown and fuzzy ball gloves and began to hammer away with her tools! Too funny! She has been asking for tools for a year or so and one of her friends got her a set and Justin and I got her a tool/work bench. I felt a little weird buying her a tool bench, but as you can see.....she 100% princess working with these tools.
This is the first year she understood completely that her actual birthday was on Monday and her party was Friday. So she got to drag out the birthday. We had a special day on Monday and I even got to go to her class at school and bring a treat for the kids. Monday night she got her gifts from us and then Tuesday off to the dr. for her 5 year check up. She is still limping (for real) from the FOUR shots she had to get. It was a sad experience and she has always been so dramatic about the shots. Never been able to walk afterwards. Justin has ALWAYS had to carry her to the car since she was two. Chloe cries one minute and never mentions it again. Charli drags her legs, limps and can't walk. Too funny. And still won't take the bandaids off. We took her to build-a-bear for her last bday present after the horrific shots ordeal. Its been a fun week. Fun to look back at our baby Charli and fun to watch her grow. She a fantastic little girl and I love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment