That is how I describe this past weekend....too much fun. If you can have a "fun hangover" I definitely did yesterday! This was one of the busiest weekends I have had in a long time, but all fun! Just need a few days of sleep to catch up from it!
We had our first ever Foundations ladies' weekend on Beaver Lake. We had 14 ladies and it was totally fun. Very laid back....easy going weekend. We drove up to the lakehouse, ate dinner and then hung out in the house baking cookies and playing games. So great!! It was very cool to get to know new people......ladies I see all the time, but haven't gotten to know. And boy do you get to know people playing games and eating cookies late at night. :)
Then Saturday night we had a small gathering watching the OU game....lots more eating and more fun.
Sunday......church, lunchtime birthday party and then off to Disney on Ice at the fair. By this time, I was running on coffee fumes. The girls (and us too, to be honest) were so excited to be at Disney on Ice. It was extra special for the girls because since they went to Disneyworld in the spring they feel like they "know" each Disney character. So they got to see their "friends" again. As soon as it started and Mickey and friends came out, Chloe started yelling and waving, "HIIIII MICKEY! HIIIII MINNIE!" So cute!! Charli just smiled ear to ear. The whole thing was great. Chloe let me hold her the entire two hours, which is a treat for me. She's not the cuddling type like Charli. So I never get to hold her. And Charli was cold and snuggled up with Justin the whole show. Justin and I enjoyed ourselves immensely. Great weekend. We are very blessed.
One cute note.....I wasn't the only one worn out by this weekend. The girls spent Friday and Saturday with Justin, so that means "GO, GO, GO" for them. He always does so many fun things with them to keep them occupied. Then after church, bday party, disney on ice and school the next day, Charli crashed. Charli NEVER takes naps...even when she needs them. But yesterday she came home from school, sat down on the couch while I was making dinner and then crashed. Chloe and I were not quiet either! Bless her little tired heart. And the saddest part to me is my FOUR YEAR OLD takes up the whole couch.....so loooooong. My big girl.
Coming soon....we have a family campout this weekend with our community. I really love our church and the community God has built. The ladies' trip, family campouts, mom's group....love it all. This weekend our community group is actually having a campout. Roasting hot dogs, smores, tents, sleeping bags....the works. How fun is that?? Can't wait! Let's pray for no rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment