Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A little late....

This is the belated Father's Day post! I haven't been "feeling" it lately with the posting. I have had some writer's block, or lack of motivation with all that's been going on. The girls are better and we had a great Father's Day. The girls painted Justin a ceramic Goofy and made him pictures. I made him his favorite pie....his mom's coconut cream pie. Many of you have been asking me about this infamous pie (that he ate completely by himself in 24 hours) that he preached about.....so here it is.



This is the girls in their pj's giving him his cards.

My girls are lucky to have the their daddy. I am so amazed at what a good dad he is to two little girls. They LOVE him. He somehow gets the titles "best friend" and "I'm daddy's girl" always. Makes me a little jealous, but also very happy for him and the girls. Thought it would be fun to list out some reasons why my girls are so lucky to have him......


1-He makes up games with actual titles, that other people know by now, to play with him. Most notably, the "night night game" and the "corner game." Some of you know them and the girls ask for them daily.

2-Even when he's exhausted, he still plays those games when they ask.

3-When one of them has melt down, he usually tickles them, makes a funny face, or starts hanging them upside down until they laugh instead of lecturing them. I bet it is hard to have a fit upside down.

4-He LIKES to take them to the zoo by himself. He asks all the time to do it.

5- He works really hard, but usually not too long. He consistently makes time for them (us).

6-He changes diapers... a lot. (Okay, that's why I'm lucky). :)

7-He sings and rocks Chloe at bedtime every night. He reads and tells the coolest "tickle stories" every night to Charli.

8-He laughs more than anything else.

9-He plays princesses, dress up, chef, hair salon, ring around the rosey, and watches tinker bell, ariel, belle, etc.... He has totally immersed himself into the princess world. This is the man that longingly looks down the superhero, transformer, star wars aisle at walmart, and then has the best time picking out poodles, princesses, and dora stuff.

They really are lucky.

Happy Father's Day to all the great dad's out there!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

O.K. that made me a little sentimental right before bed!