has not been that much fun. I got two sick kiddos and we are stuck in the house in the summer!! Big bummer. They are bored (and I am bored) and we are missing out on some fun stuff man! We were supposed to go to OKC to visit Justin's sister and her family as they are there doing VBS for an inner city church. While we were there, we had plans to visit other friends that we went to Disney with us and that we haven't seen in awhile. Also, we had our mom's group scheduled here at our splash park across from our house today and we totally had to just watch them play from our front door. I was just as sad as the girls. I love friends. I love talking and hanging out, sharing stories. I miss it when I don't get to do that. So I was watching from the front door and Chloe had her face smashed to the door saying, "Splash part......splash part".....very longingly. Charli had big tears in her eyes when she figured out those kids running around the park were her friends. I explained she was sick and couldn't go and she said, "Why does the water care if I am sick?" That's pretty good logic for a four year old.
Then there's the doctor visit. Oh, it was terrible. So Chloe got sick first Sunday evening and we went in Monday. Chloe always runs high fever everytime she gets sick. So this time was not different....she had 104. The doctor checked her ears and checked her for strep, both were negative. So then he was worried she might have a urinary tract infection and decided to do a catheter right there in the office. I thought, "What? Not really. Oh no. This is going to be ugly." And it was. It was terrible. Lots of very sad screaming and holding down. All this happened while Charli watched. Terrible. Now she's afraid to go to the doctor because she doesn't want the doctor to "check her potty" too. The best part of the whole two hour ordeal was what Charli said after Chloe's catheter. Charli had big tears in her eyes and said, "Mom, that was so sad. I don't want to see Chloe hurt. She's our baby." Oh. The "she's our baby" part was the best. I love sister love. I never had it and love to see it in action.
Chloe's fever is gone now and Charli's has just begun. Hopefully this will move on pretty quickly and we can have a nice weekend and Father's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Casey!!! I'm so sorry! Being sick is no fun at all. If it makes you feel any better, mom's group wasn't the same without you guys there :(
Awww!!! I am seriously crying now (it wouldn't take much today; I'm in a sappy mood). I am so sorry you and the girls are having a crummy week. I feel extra bad that you all had to watch us have fun at your park! I hope everyone's all better soon.
HATE NOT SEEING YOU! Counting down to Destin with a big smile now...
Post a Comment