Monday, September 14, 2009

the first fall candle

I am so happy today because I feel like fall is finally here! I love fall (it seems like everyone does!!) I even love the cloudy, rainy days we've been having. I thoroughly love these days, although it makes the kids stir crazy, so we need a little sunshine to not go crazy soon! I am loving the pumpkins, hay, corn stalks, and flowers out right now. I love football season and I am looking forward to decorating for fall . I also lit my first harvest candle yesterday. That made my heart very happy.

We didn't have the weekend we anticipated because of the rain. We cancelled our evening anniversary festivities and many of our friends that were going to visit didn't come. We had a fabulous one year celebratory service Sunday morning and now we are looking forwad to our rescheduled party this coming Sunday night. I have checked, and the forecast calls for sunshine!!

I am now working on Charli's 5 year birthday party and our fall festival coming up. I am loving this age with her, but she is SOOO grown up. Its fun to watch her learn so quickly right now. She is realllly excited about fall....she knows her birthday, halloween, and the holidays come with fall. Great time of year right now. I am trying to soak it all in because I am so disappointed when its gone. I will savor every minute!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wasn't today just a perfect fall day?! I loved it, too. I'm ready to get out my fall decorations! I even bought Bryson's Halloween costume today! :-)

Nikki said...

I bought my candle too!!! I LOVE FALL!!!