Well, I have been waiting a couple days to post again because I feel a bit overwhelmed at the task of trying to describe our church and our journey. I began this blog with my family because they are my life and my loves. Second in my life right is definitely our church! We have moved to the Tulsa area this past year to plant this church. It has been an amazing journey for me personally. I can't put into words how close God has been to me through all of this. I have seen him do miracle after miracle for us. He has given us new and wonderful friends and brought soooo many fantastic and loving people along side us to help. As I struggled with this decision to move here and plant this church, God clearly told me over and over again that if I would just be "willing," He would do the rest. And He has. And really, that is the best place to be in life....in a place where the task is so big that God does it all! I was talking to one of my close friends now (who used to be in our youth group many years ago...makes me feel old by the way) and was explaining how all those youth Sunday School classes I taught about how God being in complete control of your life (and you having no control) is the best place to be. Now that I have been in that position for almost a year now, I have to remind myself of how many times I have told other people that lesson. Now I have to live that lesson! You know, there have been difficult times, but overall it has been extremely wonderful to watch God move in our life.
We do have pictures of our launch, but I don't have them on my computer yet. I will post them when I get them. We have had 3 official services so far and all have gone extremely well. We had 180 people on our grand opening. We have been over 100 since then. We had 110 this Sunday. I do the children's ministry....so pray for me!!! Ha! We are actually having a lot of fun and even little Charli helps me set up or preschool room. And God has given my fiesty little Chloe special grace to handle the 3 hours in the nursery while I set up and teach. Charli and Chloe were my biggest prayer requests through this entire past year.....it has been hard on Charli with so much change. However, once we started the church, the kids have been great!! They love it and I truly thank God for that. Big relief to me! I will keep you updated as we grow! Thanks for your love, help, and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
casey! we have thought about you guys over the past year after hearing about you starting your new church. i'm happy to hear things are off to a great start!! we are also in that place of not being in control (and God having complete control), and while it can be frustrating at times (because you think to yourself, "how in the world is all of this going to work out?"), God continually says, "trust me...just trust me."
i'm excited about hearing how God will continue to bless your ministry!
love and miss,
wendy collinsworth
Post a Comment