Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit

Just wanted to share what I read today because I loved it so much I printed it out and I am keeping it on my fridge. I have been praying every morning for awhile now that God would help me with my thoughts and words everyday, and to have the grace to operate and speak in love to my children and my husband. I have been praying that I would live the fruits of the Spirit out at home, especially to my girls. I want to show them and speak to them in love,peace, joy, kindness, etc.... Its so important what thoughts we dwell on and what words we say. Well today my devotion time was exactly about that and it was so meaningful to me. Gal. 5:22 says "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

Then I read the scriptures about how the tongue has the power of life and death; and out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks; and as a man thinks, so he is. These are all most of us have read over and over. I just want to live it to my family. Those little ears and hearts are listening and I want to show them love and kindness (and sometimes that hard when they are both screaming at you at the same time!!) Some thoughts from the reading:

"What if, instead of allowing our minds to go over all the things that have hurt us, we would remind ourselves to think about all the good things that God has brought into our lives. And, focusing on the good things God has brought us in the past will make it easier to expect good things in the future."

These are just some things I read over today and it really helped me. Wanted to share!
I always like to read what God's speaking into your lives as well. Have a great weekend!
Hopefully I will have some pictures of our fun weekend coming up.

1 comment:

Kim Masengale said...

Just what I needed to hear today. Love you!