Since Chloe has turned 18 months old she has started doing new things so fast. Everyday she says and does something new. I forgot how fun this age is! She is especially fun with Christmas. I love watching her amazement with it all. I thought I would share all of her recent firsts that have come about in the last week or two with all the Christmas stuff around.
1) Touch - She points at the tree and decorations constantly and says LOUDLY, "MAMA! Touch?" She also screams, "I wanna touch!" Then she waits for me to say she can touch the particular item. Sometimes I have to get it from out of reach for her to touch. So cute.
2) Santa - She is obsessed with Santa. The cute thing I haven't taught her about Santa, she just picked it up. As I was putting a few Santas around the house, she pointed and said "Santa." Now everytime we see a Santa anywhere (even in the house and on the tree) she says LOUDLY, "SANTA!!!"
3) "Git it!" - When we are walking down an aisle at a store, or really anywhere, she reaches out and says, "Git it, git it." Usually I won't let her "git" what she wants and then she cries. Another little cute saying that goes along with this is, "I want dat! I want dat!" I love it.
4)As of the last week Chloe will no longer sit in a grocery cart, shopping cart, or stroller voluntarily. That's really inconvenient with all the Christmas shopping that we are doing. Its really unfortunate for all the other shoppers, because I am determined to win this one. She is too little to let her walk around all the stores. So the process is this.........we walk into the store. She sees the cart and starts shaking her head and crying, "no, no, no, no." So I pick her up and put her in the cart as she is kicking. Then she starts freaking out and screaming. Everyone begins to look. You'd think she'd quit....but she doesn't. I spend the entire shopping experience with her pulling at me and screaming. I have to push her back into the seat many times....which makes it worse. You can ask the people at Kohl's that I went to yesterday. I was THAT person with THAT kid who everyone knew was in the store!!
5) The cutest thing she does (and she does this CONSTANTLY) is scream startling loud, "MAMA!" She does this when she wants something, when she wants to show me something out the window in the car every 2 seconds, when she's hungry, just whenever!" Its all day every day, "MAMA!" I do love it....its really cute. It does wear on the nerves after a few hours since it happens all day everyday. Justin thinks its the cutest thing she does. When I start to get tired of it at the end of the day (usually after dinnertime) Justin starts to sing the song, "You're gonna miss this...." from Trace Atkins. Its a great song...kind of our theme song around here when we get a little tired from the kiddos.
6)She won't sit in the high chair anymore either. This is a bummer to me because I use the high chair as a place to put her when I need to confine her! Charli loved the high chair (and the stroller/cart) and I had to bribe her out of both when Chloe came along. She would (and still does) use the stroller/cart when I will let her. She'd probably sit in the high chair if I'd let her too! Little sis wants to big tho.....here we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment