We are moving this week and I probably won't get to blog for a week or so...we'll see. I have several things that I wanted to blog about throughout the week, so I am going to cram it all in, in one long post. Here are the different stories:
1-The Plunge!
We had our very first baptism at Foundations Church. I have been to too many baptisms to count over my years in church. This was by far the coolest and most amazing baptism service I have ever been to. It was immediately after our Sunday service across from the sanctuary/PAC in the high school pool. I thought not very many people would go (usually people head out quickly after church), and I didn't even know if I would go with the kids and all. But right after church, there was a mass of people who all went directly from the sanctuary to the pool so very excitedly. I only saw a couple of people leave. Everyone was just buzzing with excitement. The stands were packed with all of our people and everytime Justin baptized a person the place erupted with cheers and yells. It was so great. I was sitting between an older person and a college person. I could hear on one side "haaalleeeeluuuuuujahhhhhh" (you know how old people say it) and on the other side screaming "wooooohooooo!" It was the epitomy of our church...a mix of all kinds and all very excited about what God is doing. I loved it. Being a church planter's wife hasn't been all that easy all the time, but I was truly to happy and excited to be a part of my church. I really do love my church. I am proud of it and proud of my husband! Go Foundations Church! Next time we have a baptism (called "The Plunge") I am sure there will be more....people are excited. Maybe I will have pictures soon.
2-Not nearly as important, but still very cute.....Chloe's valentine's surprise. Our worship pastors and long time friends have a little boy Chloe's age. Needless to say, they have spent MANY hours together as we have planted this church with our friends. He has stayed at our house many nights and Chloe and Gavin have been the only two in the nursery together for a long time (long hours as we have set up and torn down). Gavin (and his mommy) brought Chloe roses and chocolates to be cute for valentine's day. This is a picture of Chloe hugging him with her roses in hand. Justin did have a talk with Gavin afterward...seriously.
3- Even less important, but news anyway. I am growing Charli's bangs out. Here is her first picture without bangs since she was born....4 long years :) We'll see how it works out.
4- Last story. Just a small story that was a first in the Graves' home today. Charli was always the mild-mannered child and then came Chloe! I heard Chloe stirring in the room after her nap and I walked in to get her. She was standing in her crib with no pants and no diaper on. Whoops! She looked a little timid, like she wasn't sure what was going to happen to her. And I discovered that it must have been off the entire time she napped because EVERYTHING was soaked, even in puddles. It was just pee, so I realize this could have been worse. Always something new with our Chloe!
2 comments:
that is too cute! i'm afraid i will be jealous if charli ever gets a "boyfriend" that's gonna be hard for me! ha ha ha! good luck with the moving! keep me updated!
I had a similar situation with Bryson last week - when I stripped him down for bath in the evening, he wasn't wearing a diaper under his pants. Shocked, I asked, "Bryson, where's your diaper?!" "I wiggled it off, Mommy", he told me, giving me a little wiggle to demonstrate. I don't know how he wiggled it right out from under his pants, but somehow he did! I found the diaper, big and saggy, up in the toy room. What a character!!!
Post a Comment