We began our Thanksgiving lessons in the children's minstry today and it was so fun. I think I have as much fun as the kiddos do! We made little rubber glove turkeys and had a lesson about thankfulness. Each one of our preschoolers took turns saying what they are thankful for and just about all of them got around to saying "my mommy" at least once. Love that. Mommies are great. For those of you that know Charli well, one of her answers was "food." Ha! We all know that child is thankful for food. But you know, I was really pleased with those little ones' answers. I felt like I could learn a lot from them today. I didn't prompt any of them one time and the 2, 3, and 4 year olds came up with these answers: I am thankful for my mommy, daddy, house, car, food, friends, family, and toys. We should all be thankful for those things too! They were really sweet today. I never EVER pegged myself as loving to be a preschool church teacher, but I do!
And tonight we get to hang out with friends! Love friends too! We have our young families community group and all the children are being babysat together while the adults can actually go to dinner and talk. Really can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ME EITHER!!
Post a Comment