Friday, November 7, 2008

Ummmm...

Well I don't really have a title because I am going to just do some rambling. I have been waiting for some inspiration to write, but I haven't had many ideas. So I thought I would just update you on what's been going on. Chloe has had strep throat all week and now is finally better. I am so glad she is better. I have also spent all week writing Thanksgiving and Christmas children's curriculum. I really just adapted it from other lessons I have found and made it into curriculum. It was fun! And today I spent the morning at Kinko's copying all the worksheets, coloring sheets and crafts I made. Then I got to go shop around and buy fun Thanksgiving and Christmas craft supplies. So fun!! I LOVE Christmas! I actually bought my first Christmas gift today too. I love it.

I just recently spent the last hour at the "hairdresser" in Charli's room. She was my hairdresser, as she calls it. She brushes, cuts, colors, and fixes it all up. Here are some Charli-isms I got to hear in the last hour.....

1) isn't I - "Mom I am doing a good job brushing out your tangles, isn't I?"
2) doesn't we - "We have a lot of fun playing hairdresser, doesn't we?"
3) well actually - "Well actually we don't have brown hair color, just purple."

Also I have been trying to teach her some safety info (like our full names with last names and our phone numbers.) So while she was brushing my hair we were practicing her saying our full names and then I tried to get her to say our phone number. She says, "I just can't, I'm too little." Sooo cute.

She doesn't say her "s" in most words that begin with "s". So also this week she said, "mom can we "kip" Thanksgiving and go "trait" to Christmas?' AND MY FAVE...."I want a "cooter" for Christmas."

That's about it. We are looking forward to a fun family evening at Chuck E. Cheese. We are going to have dinner there and then spend the early evening playing games. It will be nice to have Justin there so both of my kids can be supervised. Its so hard to go by myself and not lose one! What do people do with more than two kids?? Justin always says we can't have three because right now we are "man on man" with the kids and they can't out number us! We will have fun tonight. Hope you do too.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Casey! Here's a thought for the phone number thing - I've heard (and still haven't done it) to write your cell # in permanent marker inside their shoes. That way, if they ever get lost, they can just show their shoes to a police officer or other trusted grown-up. It might be easier than trying to teach her (and Chloe) your number! :-)

Nikki said...

Thats so cute Casey! I really love that she only had purple hair color. I think that would look great on you! I'm pretty sure that Asher won't ever be interested in fixing my hair :(