Friday, January 9, 2009
Does God Got Himself?
Charli has been singing the song, "He's got the whole world in His Hands," for a looooong time now. I remember how much she loved it when she was two and she would sing, "He's got the itty-bitty baby in His Hands." I guess she's been pondering what that really means lately because she started in with a series of questions in the car today. The song was playing on the cd and she says, "Mom, does God got even cars in His Hands?" I said yes. Then it started....."Does God got even birds in His Hands? Even people? Even Santa? Even reindeer? EVEN SNACKS in His Hands?" I said yes to all and she was quiet for a minute. Then she asked, "Does God got even Himself in His Hands?" I paused a moment....because I knew if I said yes there might be a question about that and I wouldn't have the answer. So I said yes that God even has Himself in His Hands. She said, "Oh, I didn't know that." And that was it. Its so fun (and a little scary) to watch her mind work and grow. It is hard tho when she asks those questions that even we can't really understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I sometimes wonder if He has dropped me!! I know He hasn't but I guess He holds us tighter sometimes than others.
Post a Comment