Friday, January 2, 2009

Genuine Excitement

I am normally not a person of vision and excitement. I am the dependable, same ol' same ol', predictable person. I enjoy the comfort of my predictability, perhaps that's why God has led me on this journey of church planting. I don't write much about this because it is so personal, so deep, and so hard for me. I usually am speechless....genuinely speechless about this past year and have no possible way to put it into words. I am sure I will do a poor job of trying to describe it this time because what God has done in our lives in 2008 is truly indescribable with words.

At the turn of the year last year I was beyond miserable and scared. To say the least, it was a rough year. I definitely did not want to jump into a church plant. Watching how miraculously God has taken care of us and created Foundations Church has been amazing (again, no good word there can explain). I have seen so many things just "happen" and I know that its God. So many wonderful people have joined us in many different roles to make this church happen and I know that its God. And even tho I love my predictability, I am so thankful for God's unpredictability. And although I do not enjoy unpredictability in my life, I am GENUINELY EXCITED about God's unpredictability again this year. If He can do all the He did this past year with where we started, I can't even imagine what He will do this year and where we will go. I am thankful for this new year for the first time in a long time. I am excited about this new year for the first time in a long time. I am genuinely excited and will expect the unexpected.

Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

nana said...

Hey - I did it. Any news on the house?

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see what God does next!! I love you sister.