I have so many things flying through my brain to write about. It has been a very hectic week and a half. I am a little fried, scratch that, extremely fried. I asked my sister (for those of you confused, its Justin's sister, but I claim her as my own) this morning to pray for me and she sent me this text, Psalm 145:13-14 "For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations...The Lord aslways keeps His Promises; He is gracious in all He does. The Lord helps the fallen, and lifts those bent beneath their loads." Ohhhh...the "bent beneath their loads" part was me! I have a had several loads dumped on me the last couple of weeks...not all bad stuff...but just a bunch of "stuff" to deal with all at once. That really was what I needed to hear today.
Well that wasn't what I was going to write about.....we went to the Oklahoma Aquarium with friends today and it was so fun. I was dreading it a little because I was thinking Chloe would be disinterested and I would be chasing two kids in different directions, but it was so much better than I thought. A new little girl (bella)has been coming to church and our group that is exactly Charli's age and they just love to hang out. They held hands the ENTIRE time and ran and giggled everywhere. The grandma of the other girl kept up with Charli and Bella and I got to enjoy some time with Chloe, who loved looking at the beaver, otters, fish, water, turtles, etc... She was fascintated. We got to touch stingrays, play in water, see a beaver eat, and look at just about anything fun a one or four year old could want to see. It was a refreshing time actually, not stressful at all. On the way home Charli was practicing being a nice big sister....very cute story. Chloe dropped her sippy cup and starting SCREAMING like normal. I calmly told her that I couldn't reach it and I was driving so she would have to wait. Charli leaned over and said to Chloe, "Chloe its okay, we are almost home, just be patient." Then Charli dropped her cup in the floor and said, "See I dropped mine too, just for you, and I am not crying." I smiled and told her she was being a helpful big sister and she said, "I am just trying to teach her mom."
Then we came home and I was putting Chloe to bed. I have been trying to teach Chloe to sing. She loves "Twinkle, twinkle little star." She is just mesmerized when I sing it...its cute. So now when I put her to bed as I am holding her she says, "twi, twi....twi, twi." I must sing "twinkle, twinkle" now at nap time and bed time. Hopefully she will sing it soon too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate living so far away!! I'm glad your day got better. I love you the most!
ahhh, great stories! i miss you guys! hope things are better for you!
Post a Comment