Charli has had her ups and downs throughout her four years with Jesus. She began by not liking Him at all. I think its because of the picture of Him in the Bible and in children's curriculum at church....she really didn't like men she didn't know around 2. So she would say things like, "I don't want to meet Jesus, I don't like Him." We, of course, were not so happy about that and figured it would pass. She does now like Jesus and the other day I had an especially wonderful moment with her. I thought about blogging about it and then didn't. But I am still thinking about it and thought I would go ahead. Well last week when Chloe was really sick I would rock her and sing "Healer" to her. If you don't know it, its amazing. I think I rocked her and held her and sang that song all day for two whole days when she had that high fever. Well the second day I was in the kitchen and Charli was at the table. Chloe started crying and Charli beat me to her room. By the time I got in there, Charli was rubbing Chloe's head singing. These are the words she was singing:
"I believe You're my healer, I believe You're more than enough for me. Jesus You're all I need."
Oh my heart just stopped and I didn't breath or move a muscle. I just listened. I was in the middle of that stressed out week and I was just so happy that's what Charli was hearing from me that week (and not the frustrated mommy nagging). It was one of the greatest sounds. And she just kept singing it with me for the rest of the week.
Justin and I have been trying to teach Chloe to sing. We have both been alternating between "Jesus loves me" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." Also some other Jesus songs, like "Oh how I love Jesus" and others were thrown in there. Well tonight Chloe requested a Jesus song. It was such a cool moment as well. Usually when we sing to her, she says "twi, twi" and we must sing the twinkle song (as previously mentioned in my blog). Tonight Justin began by singing the twinkle song and she piped up and said "Jesus." Justin looked at her and she smiled a huge smile and said "Jesus." Awwwww...she wanted a Jesus song instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's the greatest thing ever!
Wow, two kids that love Jesus...that must be nice. Do they say "Hallejuah"?
Post a Comment