Friday, January 30, 2009

Moving News & Chickening Out

Well its Friday and we are having our starting-to-be-tradition of movie night at the Graves. The kids are the most restless between dinner and bedtime and that's the time that Justin and I are usually wanting to just sit and relax....doesn't mix well. So we have been trying to find something fun, or at least occupying, to do from like 6-8pm most nights. So Fridays have become movie nights during this time. Justin and the girls are laying on a blanket watching "Mary Poppins" right now. Well, Chloe is actually wandering around and ocassionally stepping across the blanket, but she did lay down to watch for a second.

Anyway, most of you know that we are moving. Wanted to give a few more details on that. We are moving mid-February. Since February begins in two days....I am really focusing on that pakcing up and moving aspect. I have packed just about everything that we don't use regularly. I am really excited....the whole process of us being able to buy this house (just a mile or so away) has been a HUGE blessing and total miracle. I am so happy about so many things related to this move. Thanks to many of you that have been praying for us. One of the things God really blessed us with is the greatest neighbors that turned into great friends. I am so sad to move away from our neighbors....but very happy we are just a minute or two away from them still. Its been so fun being able to walk out and get the mail and see a friend. I have never been close to a neighbor before....so hopefully we can still pretend that we live 3 doors down. :) Hopefully we are done moving for awhile...too many moves for us in the past 10 years of marriage. I know many of you are in the same boat and know moving lots of times is a little stressful. So I am thankful for this being the last move in awhile. The "chickening out" part is about Chloe. I have told a couple friends that in an act of convenience we were just going to go ahead and put Chloe in a "big girl bed" early so we don't have to move and set up the crib again. After a few weeks mulling that one over......we decided against that. Fear is the number one reason we are chickening out. There are many things to fear with Chloe being free to get out of bed on her own. The "parental" reason we are going to keep her in a crib is that she's just not ready....but the real reason is that we are just not ready. She will be two in May, so we can just wait a little longer and do it then. We can move in peace and settle in a few months before making that transition.

I will keep you all updated on the moving process. Thanks for all of you offering to help with the girls while I pack up....I will definitely be taking you up on it. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Dorynda said...

oh my dear friend...ella will be 3 in may, i know you know this, and we have YET to put miss ella in a big girl bed b/c WE are so not ready for her to get up any time she wants, which she WILL do....so, i understand, completely totally and 100% why you want to wait for miss chloe....enjoy the crib....those number 2 girls are a piece!!!!! : )

Kim Masengale said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

nana said...

I just finished this because I was reading it last night when the bomb hit. Keep Chloe in her bed so I can rock her and put her in it. I miss you guys!!