We had a very exciting morning at the gas station! Our church sponsored a "gas buy down" in which we gave the first 200 people gas for 50-cents off the price per gallon. It was amazing! I am usually a skeptic and thinking of all the things that could go wrong (which I am working on), but it was very exciting and a great morning! I loved it. I watched all of our wonderful volunteers (about 40 of them) in the FREEZING cold wind chill--smiling and happy to be there---pumping gas, washing windshields and talking with all these people. There was a line FOREVER long down the street and all the major news channels were there to cover the story. If you are in the area, watch the news tonight and read the newspaper!! They were all there interviewing and taking shots. This was a day for Foundations Church to do something to bless the community and let people know we are here!! It went just great...thanks to all the cold volunteers and staff that made it work. And I don't say it enough, but I was proud of my husband! He's doing a great job!
(Pictures: long line of cars, Justin interviewed by news, volunteers directing traffic, Kevin way too cold because he did not wear enough clothes...no hat, no gloves...he's crazy, and Justin and Adam. I wanted to get a group shot of all the volunteers but everyone was spread out at all the pumps and talking with people. They are all so fantastic to be there!)
4 comments:
Leave it to Kevin to be the one without gloves! I told him before he left, "It's only 25 degrees! Get your coat!" He was going to leave without it! I'm so glad this went so well. I can't wait to watch it on the news and see the word of Foundations Church spread across the city!
that is so awesome! what an incredible idea! i hope you guys get some new peeps showin up at church. that's just cool. so proud of you guys! love you!
That's so awesome!!!
That's REAL ministry...Can't wait to see what God does with this and where He takes Foundations
Post a Comment