Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pneumonia

My baby Chloe has pneumonia!! I feel so bad for her. She is doing okay this morning compared to yesterday. She woke up yesterday morning at 4am with a fever, but repsonded well to motrin and perked up pretty quickly. She played yesterday morning and seemed fine. She woke up from her nap and was not feeling well and had a low fever again. I had to take her to get Charli from preschool and then to the grocery store for dinner and she just crashed. She was NOT doing well at the grocery store and fell asleep in the car on the way home. When I picked up her to bring her in her fever was really high. She has 103 at 3pm, 104 at 4pm, and then it got to 105 degrees aroudn 5pm. So I called her pediatrician right before they closed and asked what I should do and they said to take her in and not wait til the morning because she might have pneumoia. I thought, "What? She doesn't have pneumonia, but I will take her in just to make sure she's okay." She was worrying me becuase since 3pm she would NOT move. She was collapsed on me and so very hot. She would scream anytime she thought I might put her down. She was in and out of sleep on my chest, but aware enough to make sure I wouldn't leave her. I took her to the urgent care after hours place and after a couple exams, some xrays and a couple hours of holding her they said she has pneumoia. I was shocked...how crazy is that??? They gave her a really nasty shot (which was given to her while asleep on my chest in her leg.) How horrible....asleep on your mommy, which you think is the safest place in the world, and then someone sticks a huge needle in your leg while you are sick as a dog! I felt so bad. She just jumped up and screamed and started shaking her leg so hard they couldn't put the bandaid on and wouldn't let me hold her for a few minutes. And to make it worse, she was screaming, "BOO-BOO, BOO-BOO!" And after she calmed down, she was still squirming for a little while muttering, "boo-boo." It was one of those shots that hurt bad in the moment and make your leg ache for a long time after.

BUT, with all that said, she did wake up feeling better. She still has fever, won't eat, and has only laid on me for an hour. But, for the first time since yesterday morning, she just slid down off my lap and is slowly playing. Doctor said she's contagious while she has fever, so please pray for Charli and myself, and Justin. We don't want to get this! The doctor also said she should be doing well after a couple days.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Poor Chloe! Your post made me cry! I'm praying for all of you. Seriously, please let me know if you need anything (milk or bread, dinner, anything!) It's tough to take care of sick babies & everyone else, too!

Nikki said...

SO SAD!! But I'm happy she's feeling better. She looked good to me anyways when I saw her. I just hate that she is having to go through this though. Please call me if you need help.

Kim Masengale said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Casey! Emma has had pneumonia many times among other things, so I so know what you are going through. I am praying healing for her and rest/peace for you. Love you!!