Tuesday, March 17, 2009

God and Me


My sister-in-law sent me this book of devos for little girls ages 2-5. We started it today (me and Charli). It was soooo great and so fun. She did like it and wants to do two or three a day. There was even a great pancake activity related to one of the lessons we are going to try this week. Thanks Steph. We are going to love it. And Justin and I were just talking about how to have more time with the girls devoted to praying and Bible reading, but didn't know how to go about it. This is one good way!
On another note, Justin is preaching a series called, "Squeezed," about finances and giving. I was reading a new book today by Joyce Meyer and what I read was really on target for what our church is focusing on this month. I am totally, officially giving her credit for the following words.
Several of her points were:
- Selfishness leads to unhappiness
- True happiness doesn't consist of having more and more
- God is a giver and He wants us to follow His example
She said, "Anytime I start to get unhappy, I can ask myself what have I been doing for other people and I usually locate the root of my unhappiness. God created us to reach out to others and He promised that if we would, He would reach out to us and give us a joy that we cannot find anywhere else.....We reap what we sow. She was talking not only about financial giving, but giving of your time, being a servant, and looking for ways to give of yourself. I really enjoyed reading that today and it fit so well with what Foundations Church is focusing on right now.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks for that post, I really needed it! I'm finding it hard to reach beyond our finances right now and trust the outreaches that God has put on my heart.