I am a rusher. I have always been a rusher. I do everything as fast as I can and rush through it. That is something I have been working on....that's the reason this blog description is "enjoying the journey." I have been working on enjoying this journey for awhile. I have purposefully been trying to enjoy this church planting journey since the beginning because I knew it would be a looooooong journey that I could never, ever accomplish on my own. So since it was such a God-sized task I knew immediately the best thing to do was just sit back and try to enjoy every part of it. So far I have done pretty good at that. I don't get too anxious or worked up about much regarding the church because I KNOW that God is in charge. If we need it, He will take care of it.
But lately I have been working on being more intentional with my kids. Since Chloe was born I have been more harried and frantic. I was able to juggle the two kids (which I know many people juggle many, many more, but hey...two is still hard for me!!) by getting into a routine and getting down to business. I am pretty structured (for my sanity) but have realized that all I do is a lot of rushing around. We have to be here and there and do this and do that, but there is not as much enjoying as I used to have. Its more like work. So now I am "working on" intentionally enjoying my kids more and stop the rushing. Have more fun....say "hurry up" less, and just relax. I do love to listen to them and watch them and I am so thankful I get to be with them. I really am. I need to act like more and make it less work, more fun. I know Chloe's not a baby anymore...they are adorable, funny, crazy little girls. The time is going fast and I want to make it my purpose to enjoy the journey more with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i could not agree more! well said!
Nicely said! I can learn a thing or two from this post...
Post a Comment