Monday, March 16, 2009

A very busy weekend

We had one of the busiest weekends we've had in a long time! It was very full, but also very fun. Lots of excitement! Charli had her first soccer game ever this Saturday. I think Justin and I were more excited than she was. It was early Saturday morning, a little rainy, and COLD. We are those soccer parents now I guess. I asked Justin not to be "that guy" before the game. You know....that guy that goes crazy on the side lines for a 3&4 year old little league game. The game did try his patience though. Charli did really well in practice....she paid attention, chased the ball, kicked it a couple of times. He was pleased. This Saturday, the first game, she cried. Several times. She didn't want to go out on the field without me. Not cool. I think it was her freakish shyness because lots of people were watching. So she went into that weird shy mode. She did run around and eventually had fun, but the crying and shyness was too much for Justin. I had to give her the "there's no crying when you are playing sports" speech and make her toughen up and get out there. She was excited to get the new shoes though...so here are the cute pics.


This last one is the cute one of her wiping her tears away as she starts the game. Too cute. She just got "the speech."

After the game we had some friends come into to town that we miss so much! They have been friends with us for a VERY long time (with Justin since his junior high years). They have been through most of our ministry with us and it was fun to share our new adventure of Foundations Church with them. I couldn't wait for them to come and visit. The kids love each other so much too. They went to Chuck E Cheese, made rice krispy treats, went to the park, and then to church the next day. We had a great time. Here are some of the cute pictures of our visit with them. All the kiddos slept upstairs in the playroom. I am impressed that they slept and didn't play all night.


No comments: