Today I had to get SEVERAL huge projects rolling. I have been putting off some serious work because its impossible to do with the kiddos running around here with me. Sooooo, we got a babysitter for the day. I hunkered down in my room with the computer, phone and stacks of paper and started my work. I got two out of three projects fairly completed and the third one half done. By the end of the afternoon I realized that a nanny would be nice. :) he he. I don't REALLY mean it because I do love taking care of the girls. But man, every once in awhile it would be nice to take the day and get things done with a babysitter. I could get used to that!!!
I also got a question for you all out there. We bought some gates for the stairs when we moved in. They were pretty expensive, but we needed them because Chloe would just roll down the stairs with tile at the bottom. I am talking, head over heels, dive down the stairs, crazy! We have one at the bottom and one at the top. Well just after two weeks....CHLOE CAN OPEN THEM. Really? Are you kidding me? I can still take them back since we just got them, but they do slow her down. They don't prevent her from going up and down, but they make her go slower and provide a smidgen of safety. She has gotten much better at stairs now too, but I am still a little afraid of her falling. In your professional mommy opinions, should I take the gates back (get a sizeable amount of money back) or should I keep them and get a little more use out of them (which she will learn to get around faster and faster very quickly)?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am not suprised at all that she learned to open them. She's a smart little kid! I told Sharon on the way home Sunday that Chloe would figure it out within a couple of weeks!
You might want to keep the gates and put some sort of lock on them. Something that neither her or Charli could open. BobBob might have some ideas too
I wouldn't take them down. I would leave them and find alittle comfort in that it slows her down. You will want them when you have company that has little ones too. Actually, the lock is a good idea. Then she can learn to climb over them...
One other idea...
You could set up an electric fence. She won't climb over that!
Top that Steph!
One other side note for Casey...
When Jaden was three we climbed up on the roof to watch the birds and the top of the trees. I'm sure Chloe would enjoy this too!
Post a Comment